Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 17, 2011 Walk in the Country with Steve

In which Steve takes me for a walk in the country behind our villages.

I will just let the pictures speak for themselves. If you like, you can imagine me saying, as I did about every ¼ of a mile, “Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! This is so beautiful!”





 Tour of Bataan Peninsula

Do you remember those “Courtesy Calls” we made to the Barangay Captain, the teachers, the Principal, the Regional Director of Education, the Chief of Police and his staff, the Mayor,
the Governor and the Governor's Dog (kidding)?
One pleasant outcome of these obligatory extravaganzas was that the Governor, out of his gratitude to our service, extended an invitation for us to spend a day touring this region at his expense. To quote Jane Austen, “We hoped, rather than believed” that this would come to pass. Oh, we of little faith! Everyone came through! We left at 7:30 AM and returned that evening after a long, wonderful day of viewing 7 sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment