Friday, April 13, 2012

April 11, 2012 Himamawo- Tagalog for Bliss! (not really but it ought to be).

My komares (parents of my godchild) Mare and Pare,  picked me up for an adventure. Pare drove us far back into the countryside, to Himamawo. 

We hiked down.

Looking up.
Just past the falls...
Down the stairs and here we are. The only sounds were of forest and water, this is kilometers away from population. Filipinos say, "Masarap!" at something like this- yes, "Delicious!"  Just us 3 at this spot of the world!
The water from the springs.
Aaaaahhhhhhh....
Mare.
After a while these boys walked down the steps. They were local and had walked kilometers to get here. They were such fun to be among. They flipped and cavorted like little tadpoles.

I loved watching them.
They thought it was so funny that a "cana" (Americana) was in the water.
I was very focused on trying to get the boy diving mid-air. I didn't realize til I looked at this picture what had happened, then I remembered hearing the boys laughing about one having lost his pants.
My komares treated me to halo-halo afterwards, which means mix-mix because it is a combination of so many fruits and goodies together, shaved ice packed over that, evaporated milk poured over that and then it's your job to mix-mix it. I used to think I didn't like it. I love this woman's concoction! I was ready to hire a tricycle today and go the many kilometers for it. It's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment