Friday, September 16, 2011

September 10, 2011 Final Days of Training

 
Language Classroom
 There were five of us in our language cluster. 
We met most days for four hours in the morning and often in the afternoon, too. We also had a lot of study and prep for tech (education), too, so we were pretty busy.

Language Placement Interviews were last Thursday- 1/2 hour of conversation in Tagalog with a trained facilitator I had never met. I have to be so alert when trying to understand that I imagine I look like a Labrador Retriever waiting for a command. But I actually enjoyed it, and I only had to ask her to repeat twice. Turns out I placed well.

The three components of PreService Training are:
1)Educational Technology 
2)Cultural Immersion and 
3) Language Training. 
Now all of that is done. We have all co-taught with our Filipino counterparts and taught solo and been observed and critiqued. Our first Host Family stays are over, and we have all studied Tagalog and have been tested in the Language Placement Interview. 
1)Check,
2)Check and
3)Check.  
All successfully done.
Now one more conference to go. This one is the Counterparts Conference, where we will meet, and train with, the teacher we will be with for our two years of service. That week culminates in the Swearing-In Ceremony.


No comments:

Post a Comment