Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1, 2011 In which I fly into the next two years of unknown

First day over. Flight went well from Minneapolis to Los Angeles. The meetings today taught me that all the conflicting emotions I'm feeling are common to everyone. We all have anxieties and aspirations over everything. What will I do if I don't like the food? What if my Filipino colleagues disapprove of me or my work? Will I learn the language? Will the family I live with accept me?
Finally, at 7, we finished for the day. A bunch of us walked about a mile to an In'N'Out Burger for supper and had a good, relaxing talk about what this PC process has been like so far.
I'm rooming with Amy, from SC. We set our alarm for 7 and have to be down in the lobby by 8. We fly for 12 hours to Tokyo and then 4 more to the Philippines. We're supposed to "dress comfortably but make a good impression when we land"!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Alice! Sounds so exciting! I am curious though about what they answered to all of your questions. Those are very common questions and I'm interested to hear about what they said. Will you room with Amy for your whole stay? Or was that just while you were in LA? Hope your flights went well and you're not too jetlagged! I love you and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete