Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17,2011

I'm in the Rum River Library in Anoka,MN, composing my very first blog. One more step to preparing to leave for the Peace Corps.
After 1 1/2 years I have received an assignment. I am an "Invitee"!  I will be teaching English, among other responsibilities.
For now, I get to tie up loose ends of business here and I get to relax and live in the moment, suspended between life as it was and life as it will be. I can't truly comprehend what has gone on in my life, I can only see bits and pieces and the same is true when I look beyond July 1, when I will fly to DC. I do know today is good: Finally!! MN is warm and sunny!                                     

1 comment:

  1. Dear Aunt Alice,
    This is going to be such an amazing time in your life. I cannot wait to hear all the stories and experiences you have had when you come back (whenever that is)! I'm sure it will be hard to leave family and friends but you will be living an amazing life and you will make new friends that are just as amazing. I hope your relaxing now carries on to your new life too! So excited for you :) Love, Sophia

    ReplyDelete